sfskey gen broken
Grant Kelly
2007-09-29 00:49:37 UTC

I'm getting the following when trying to generate a key:

[***@myhost]# sfskey gen -KP /etc/sfs/sfs_host_key
sfskey: sfscd not running, limiting sources of entropy
Creating new key: sfs_host_key#1 (Rabin)
Key Label: sfs_host_key
sfskey:
SK1::AAAARAAAAADnESApM9yVbwiiSzGIx3jmnzw13sKJIHxtMBs09kFwPB81ZRDkBbeQmkPx7AlygOOjsMEQit3eFmKiOuCi5IprAAAARAAAAAF7EVuEzfYb2llc2vYdc/5fjAT1ZeCCB5SCjgf0XJwywxMspDq8Iyq9Zb7f1+5qii99mm+4dddbxEgzCb:
No such file or directory
sfskey: /etc/sfs/sfs_host_key: No such file or directory
sfskey: fatal: Not all key save operations succeeded

To me, it looks like somehow the actual key is being used instead of the
filename. I tried to look through the code for this mistake, but
everything I saw seemed correct.

I also tried just copying the output text to the sfs_host_key file, but
then it complained it couldn't parse the key, so obviously I got the
format wrong.

This is on RedHat Enterprise 4. I'm still having problems compiling on
Solaris 10 as I mentioned previously.
--
Grant Kelly
***@dri.edu
Desert Research Institute, Reno, NV
Timur Alperovich
2007-09-29 02:45:30 UTC
Grant,

I had the same issue with it and there is indeed an error in the source. It
took me a little while to track it down, but for one of the function calls
the arguments are swapped. I'm gonna try to find out more details for you as
I haven't actually touched this in almost 3 months and at the time when I
asked if anyone would care for the patch no one on the mailing list
responded.

Timur
Hi,
Timur Alperovich
2007-09-29 02:47:50 UTC
Here is where I put up the patch for that file:
http://fs-prisms.blogspot.com/2007/06/fixed-small-bug-and-found-another.html.
As I mentioned on the blog, I found another bug, but did not have the time
to fix it, as I switched projects.

Hope it helps,
Timur
Post by Timur Alperovich
Grant,
I had the same issue with it and there is indeed an error in the source.
It took me a little while to track it down, but for one of the function
calls the arguments are swapped. I'm gonna try to find out more details for
you as I haven't actually touched this in almost 3 months and at the time
when I asked if anyone would care for the patch no one on the mailing list
responded.
Timur
Hi,